Alphabet Centers & My New Best Friend!

Happy Saturday!!

Well I was looking at the calendar....and let me tell you....there is not much time left before the alarm clock will start ringing again!  School is less than a month away which has left me into a rush!  It always sneaks up on us doesn't it?!

So, I have been busy planning and thinking about TONS of stuff!  I still have so much to do in my classroom.... but at the same time I am thinking about the first week and actually planning what to do with my kiddos!

The first week is basically a review (for most kiddos!) so we are mainly dipping into the alphabet pretty hard.  So I have just completed my new packet of alphabet centers!


FUN with the Alphabet!
This packet has 5 hands on centers and recording sheets for your kiddos!  
Just click on the picture above to see the packet!

I have already printed and started getting my centers ready!

Alphabet order (includes 3 different recording sheets to meet each student's need!)

Capitals & Lowercase
(I included 2 different versions of this center..... one version with the word *capital* and one version with the word *uppercase*

What's Missing?
This center will have students filling in the missing letters within a sequence!!

Letter or Word
Students will sort these cards and use the recording sheet to complete the center!!

What's That Sound?
Students will get to review beginning sounds with this center!

Jaxon was so excited with these centers! I printed his own little set (in b/w) for him to cut out and use!  He kept working with my centers and doing them all by himself!  (And he is still *over* a year away from kindergarten!!)

I just can't believe how big he is!  (I wish he would teach some of my firsties how to cut!)

AND....

********The first person to guess our newest pet (our only pet!) will win this packet for free! 
 (hint: it does NOT have fur!)


Now..... let me introduce you to my NEW best friend!


Say WHAT??!!

How in the world have I not had one of these already?!  
My own little personal laminator??  

I am in *HEAVEN*  

Of course I had to test this little baby out....

These are my helpers.....
I have them placed in the laminating pouch.....


Ta-Da!!!   

Now....I need to go by a JUMBO size box of pouches!!!   :)


Don't forget to guess our pet and you get the Fun with the Alphabet pack for FREE!

Have a great weekend!!!

UPDATE:

Congratulations to Lori!!  Yes, we are now the proud owners of a *tiny* turtle.

Meet:  Franklin

We adopted him from Jaxon's teacher.  He is about the size of a quarter, although he eats like a horse, so I'm sure he'll grow fast!  We even purchased a HUGE aquarium for him, so he's a keeper!

Lori, check your email for the Alphabet packet!!


4 comments

  1. Is it a lizard? Great pack - perfect review for my first graders.
    Maria
    meemsickle@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore this pack! Your son looks likes he's having fun! Does he have a turtle?
    Lori
    Teaching With Love and Laughter
    luvyorkies@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This packet is too cute, great review for my firsties! I also have a little one just a year out of kindergarten... yikes! Is the new pet a fish?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jessica!
    I simply adore turtles and this one looks like he will provide your son with hours of enjoyment. Turtles make good classroom pets, too... if your school allows pets, of course.

    Regarding the laminator, I do not know how you've managed without one all this time. Seriously! That, by far, was the best gift I've given to myself in a long, LONG time. FYI - I buy 100 pouches at a time from Amazon for about the same price as 50 at WalMart. Enjoy your remaining days of summer!

    colorcutandglue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top