Measuring with AREA!

Where in the world did May come from?!  I can't believe we only have 24 days left of school.  This year has flown by!

With the end of the year crazies in full swing, our activities definitely need to be engaging and interesting!  This week we were all about measuring!  We focused on length at the beginning of the week, however this little missy forgot her camera until Thursday!   We kept going and dove right into AREA!

We started off with by getting all "crack"ed up with Area!  I brought in three different types and sizes of crackers (get it...."Crack"ed up...crackers?  Ok....so maybe I have joined the end of the year crazies! ha!)

Anyways, each student got one of each of the three crackers:


They had to fill in their "Crack"ed up about Area page where they simply just compared the area between the crackers!


They of course got to eat their project, so that made them a *little* excited!

Next we made area all about us!  

Students were given four topics to describe themselves where they had to fill in a grid for Area:


Students had to answer four questions using the Area grids:
* How old are you?
* What grade are you in?
What letter does your name begin with?
* How many letters are in your name?

I had my kiddos count as they went and write the area under each grid.  This helped them when they needed to fill in their All About Me Area recording sheet:








You can grab your FREE set of these activities by clicking



With Spring in full swing, we have been knee deep in life cycles!  

This week was all about the Chicken life cycle!

We had an amazing parent bring her own chickens for the students to see.  They were adorable and I'm not going to lie....I kinda want a baby chick now! 

She brought the mama hen and shared about how they lay eggs, how often, what they look like, etc....


Next were the baby chicks.....what everyone was truly waiting on!  They were so scared and shaking with eager six year old hands waiting to grab them!



I could have just stuck one of these little guys in my pocket and been just fine!

Inside, we made our large chart with all of our chicken facts;


The students got to make these adorable little chicken life cycle crafts and chicken facts by Alexa Contreras at Bilingual Scrapbook







I don't know about y'all, but tomorrow we will be mid-90's here and it's only the beginning of May.  I'm sure the summer will upon us quickly!  

I also had to share a picture of my little guys..... 


Have a great weekend!

No comments

Back to Top