Word Work {Build, Read, & Write}

T.G.I.F.

Who am I kidding?  It's like Friday everyday in the summer :)  Although.... school will be here before I know it!  (Less than three weeks and I am back to work full time!)

I just finished up my latest Word Work packet!  {Build it, Read it, & Write it}

This is one of my favorite activities that my kids do!  I have had my babies doing this center for the past few years, however I never really had a complete packet to access.  It was always....let's write something real quick....whip up a recording sheet (or get your writing journal out!) and go from there!

This packet is so much fun because it is hands-on AND engaging for the students!

Introducing...


This packet includes 35 different poems, chants, songs, and familiar sayings that kids have been singing for decades!

Each poem includes:
~ complete poem in color (attach this to your envelope OR just stash inside your center container)
~ The word pieces of the poem (this is for the students to manipulate and re-create the poem!)
~ 2 recording sheets

Setting up the center is SUPER easy too!

Just print out your poem for the week (or however often you wish to change them out!)
I use the large 9x12 envelopes as it makes for easy storage!
Paste the complete poem cover on the envelope (serves multiple purposes - easy title for storage and easy visual for the students!)


Print out the poem pieces on your choice of paper (I used brightly colored paper because it just pops out better!)
Print your recording sheets and place all of the pieces inside the corresponding envelope!


The students will get all of the pieces out and have to manipulate the pieces to re-create the poem, using the completed poem as a visual.




I have included TWO different recording sheets for EACH poem.  Students can simply write the poem only or use the recording sheet that includes an illustration box.

You can easily print paper copies for each student and collect the writings for a mini portfolio, or you can easily insert the recording sheet into a writing sleeve or sheet protector to save on paper!





This center is easy to store, easy to use, and your students are accomplishing multiple objectives while completing this. 

I have the packet for 50% off right now in my store!  (it's almost 200 pages and only $3.75)

However, as usual..... the first THREE people to comment below AND leave their email address will receive the packet for FREE!

Happy Friday :)

5 comments

  1. Wow! I love this idea! I have an incomplete set of poems I use for my poetry journals, but this would really streamline it.
    lizdeal5@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome, my kiddos will certainly love these poems, as it covers a wide variety!!!
    foxysexyroxy10@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love this pack! gchanke@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been looking for something like this!! Yeah!! Perfect!
    Maria
    meemsickle@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top