Jam-Packed December!

(inhale)....(exhale)....

Taking deep breaths has become part of my regular December routine!  You know what I'm talking about :)

The Christmas fever is in full swing!  I try to explain to my sweet friends that I am JUST as excited about the break as they are..... but I'm pretty sure they didn't hear me :)

December has been jam-packed with activities, shopping, Christmas get-togethers, growing to-do lists, class parties, family pictures, class parties, end of 1st semester fun (grades, tests, etc...), and did I mention class parties?!  I'll bet money that is ALL my kiddos thought about..... all month!

Today was our class party...which of course means I am now officially on a 2 week break!

The month started out with family pictures to get ready for Christmas cards...

Now that I have one of my own babies in school with me..... we have more activities and get-togethers school-related!  Kindergarten had a family gingerbread night where we all came to the school and built a gingerbread house.  (Daddy and Little M did a fine job of taste-testing ALL of the materials)

Next on our list was of course pictures with Santa.  Since Jaxon's first Christmas, we have gone to Bass Pro..... well.... because it's FREE!  And...they are actually pretty good and quality pictures!

This year we got our ticket and waited TWO hours ....... and this is what we got!

Little M did NOT like this hairy man in a furry suit....at all!  AND Jaxon was looking at ME instead of the camera.  It will just be one of those pictures we look back on in a few years and smile :)


So.... now onto the classroom!  

There are SO many fun themes to incorporate into the classroom.   I think my favorite will ALWAYS be Polar Express Day!  It just never gets old.  Of course by now *most* kids have seen the movie.... but still I LOVE it!  The bells, the hot chocolate, I just love it!

Another WONDERFUL day about Polar Express Day...... the pajamas!

And let me just say...... I had an AMAZING Secret Santa at school this year who got me these *adorable* camo pants WITH my initial embroidered on!  


We had our yummy hot chocolate with a *few* marshmallows!


We watched the movie, had our tickets, drank our hot chocolate, made our crafts, and wore our bells.  Pretty much a perfect day!


You can snag up the FREE INTERACTIVE pages for The Polar Express HERE!

You can get the tickets and crafts in my Polar Express packet HERE!



We also did a Reindeer day this year (my first year to do this..... but it will DEFINITELY be on the plans from now on!


We did our facts and vocabulary booklet, KWL, and her adorable little craft!!

Last week on Instagram, I had posted this fun little contractions activity (Rudolph's Crunchy Contractions)


You can snag this little craft for FREE by clicking HERE!!!


With Christmas Break officially here.....Jaxon and I had to celebrate....Sonic style!  


Stay tuned...TOMORROW I'll be back with some Digraph FUN!!!  (and of course....some freebies!) 



1 comment

  1. Hi Jessica,
    I am unable to access the file from Google :(

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top