It's Summer.... and that brings change!

Do you smell that?! 

It is the sweet...sweet... smell of Summer!

For my friends still going strong in school these last few days/weeks... hang in there!  (Easier said than done...right?!)

The last few weeks seem like the end will never get here, but when it does.... it flies by and once again, another year has come to an end.

- - - - - - - - -

To kick off the summer break, we had to say good-bye to kindergarten. {insert mommy tears}

This kindergarten year for Jaxon was WAY more than I could ask for.  He had the most amazing teacher, he came home every.single.day with something new, and he has just soared into a little first grader.  #proudmama


 
Y'all.... he is SO shy! (in front of people!) Behind closed doors....a completely different child! 
I'm sure he wanted to cry and run away, but he was a trooper and stood proud (even though he did pull out every shy trick in the book!)
 
Let's just say... first grade...here we come!
 
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
 
With the end of a school year..... sometimes comes change.
 
I just completed my eighth year of teaching first grade and I have absolutely loved every.single.minute of it. 
 
I love the curriculum, the babies who walk through the door in August and leave as little adults (it seems!) in June, everything about first grade!
 
However, with time comes change. 
 
Next year when I walk through the doors on the first day of school I will no longer be a first grade teacher.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
It's official... I am a kindergarten teacher.
 
 
It will be a change, but I must say....I am VERY excited to take on this change!
 
I could not be more excited for my new team next year.  They have already welcomed me and made me feel like I have been with them for years! 
 
 
Jaxon and I will switch places next year as I travel to kindergarten and he ventures into first grade.
 
 
So I'm off to summer..... with a new plan!
 
 
 
Happy Summer Friends!
 
 
 
 

No comments

Back to Top