Theme Layout

Boxed or Wide or Framed

Theme Translation

Display Featured Slider

Featured Slider Styles

Display Grid Slider

Grid Slider Styles

Display Trending Posts

Display Author Bio

Display Instagram Footer

Summer Organizing


Happy Tuesday Friends!

I just wanted to pop in real quick to share some recent summer organizing and crafts that have taken place at the ole' Travis house :)

Since I will be moving grade levels this year, I have been on Pinterest a lot more than usual! I'm looking for a fresh new start with new ideas, new organizational tips, new activities, new everything!

One of the organizational tips I found was organizing your anchor charts... which is something I definitely need!

I make charts almost every day in my classroom for the activities and lessons we do, but I usually end up throwing away all of my charts because I don't have a specific place to put them.

I knew this was something that I needed to take care of this summer!  So off to Wal-Mart I went....

This is what I came home with:


* 97 cent trash cans
* duct tape (I chose leopard)
* Spray paint (in your choice of color)
* Sticky chalkboard labels (in the arts & crafts section)
* Paint pens (I got two - fine point and regular)

All together... under $12!


I took the trash cans out to the porch {for obvious reasons} and put some paper underneath 
(definitely didn't need the husband coming home to find a turquoise porch!) 
and went to painting!


I even had a little helper...


After letting them dry {which didn't take hardly any time at all}, I got the duct tape and cut a long strip.  (I then cut that piece down the middle to make the piece of tape thinner)

I used the fine-point marker to write on the chalkboard label.


I wanted to organize my charts by subject to make it a little easier to organize! 


After I am finished using the charts in the classroom, I will roll the charts and rubber-band them... and in they will go!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

This summer is a BUSY summer for me.... a little overwhelming at times honestly.  

Not only am I planning for a new grade level, moving classrooms, and mentally preparing for a change in my grade, but I am also taking a FULL schedule of classes for Grad School (2 classes in Summer I.... and 2 classes in Summer II) 

Yes... My eyes are popping out sometimes and my hair is turning gray!

On top of school changes and Grad School overload.... I am also having to plan for SDE conferences (handouts, presentations, etc...) for this upcoming year.  

So... while I think of myself as a pretty organized person, I need a little help!

I whipped up these little planner pages that I can use to hopefully allow me to check off some important things on ever-growing to-do list!



I have started planning for this week:


I also have a different template to help plan for the Back-to-School to-do list...



You can download these calendars by clicking {HERE} or on the picture below:




- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

And... to help you get ready for the next school year {besides organizing your To-Do lists}, I am doing a Tuesday DOLLAR DEAL in my TpT store
EVERY.SINGLE.TUESDAY
this summer!

Today.... you can grab my "Fun with Numbers" and "Fun with the Alphabet" packs for ONLY $1.  

That is 75% off each product!!!!



Just click on the links above to take you to each product!


AND... be sure to follow me here AND my Facebook {Wild About Firsties} page to get updates on product deals throughout the summer!


Have a great rest of the week.... we will staying indoors and waiting for the aftermath of Tropical Storm Bill!  #morerain   #rainfordays

QuickEdit
Jessica Travis
2 Comments
Share :

2 comments:

  1. Bought these at full price, but that's ok cause I love them! Love all your stuff, but now I'm really going to keep my eye out on Tuesdays :)

    ReplyDelete

[name=Jessica Travis] [img=http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-1xE1IzR7tPk/WS2xOR4pQHI/AAAAAAAAYAw/twJhPfbKbUw54xSFHmNG4q7F95D3gBMEQCK4B/s1600/profile.jpg] [description=Hello!! ] (facebook=https://www.facebook.com/WildAboutFirsties/) (shop=https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Jessica-Travis) (instagram=https://www.instagram.com/wildaboutfirsties/) (googleplus=https://plus.google.com/111251384455526442516) (pinterest=https://www.pinterest.com/jtravis0912/) (bloglovin=https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/wild-about-firsties-5562953)

Follow @wildaboutfirsties