Theme Layout

Boxed or Wide or Framed

Theme Translation

Display Featured Slider

Featured Slider Styles

Display Grid Slider

Grid Slider Styles

Display Trending Posts

Display Author Bio

Display Instagram Footer

Interactive Sight Words


Happy Hump Day!  (and Master's Eve... for you golf fans!)

This is one of my favorite weeks of the year.... can you tell we are a golf family?!  Master's weekend is usually spent camped out in front of the TV, wishing I could play a round under par... heck I just wish I could attend the Masters and watch in awe!

Ok... enough about golf because I'm sure many of you are already bored with this post..... but HANG ON TILL THE END!!

I've had nearly a month hiatus from this little blog... but I promise I didn't forget about y'all!  Life has been hectic to say the least.

My sweet father-in-law lost his battle with cancer last month and we had to say good-bye to a one-of-a-kind man.  Missing him every day.

We also had a scheduled trip to Disney World in March which got our mind off things.... None of us had ever been so we got to experience the crowds, the yummy expensive food, THE Mickey Mouse, and much more!


And then.... we had to head back to work.  


Realizing that we have LESS than 40 school days left... I always start to get a little anxiety about my school babies.  You know... making sure they are on level... that I didn't forget some important skill.... what do I need to re-teach, etc...

Reading is always on the top of that list!  In fact... some kiddos have a light bulb that has been dim up until now and they start to turn up the watts!!  (Love these moments!)

The main thing I notice is that many of my students struggle with sight words.  Many can read in isolation... but completely get lost within text.... or just the opposite! 

This year we switched to using the Fry's List of sight words, which was perfectly fine because most sight word lists overlap anyways!  

Knowing this, I wanted to create a consistent activity that my students could do independently.  I had already used my Dolch Words interactive sight words, but I wanted to stay up with my curriculum!

So.... I introduce:



This pack includes an interactive page for each of the first 100 Fry words.  I also created the pack in alphabetical order to make it easier on us!


If you don't use journals in your classroom... no worries!  We often use just a piece of paper to create our activity on:




In this activity alone, students will need to:

1.  Write the sight word 3 times

2.  Use and write the word within a sentence

3.  Write and trace the word using three colors

4.  Building the word

This will allow students to see the word in isolation as well as in text with their sentence.


You can also use these activity pages in journals, as I created them the perfect size for a standard spiral!



You can easily print these off (no prep!) and place in a station or word work area!




AND.... if you stuck around through all of that.... YOU are in luck!!

I just posted this ENTIRE pack into my TeachersPayTeachers store for FREE

BUT ONLY FOR A LIMITED TIME!!!!!!!!


You can click HERE or on the picture below:




Hurry and go snag it up before it will be a paid product!!!  

Enjoy the rest of your week :)


QuickEdit
Jessica Travis
1 Comments
Share :

1 comment:

  1. Jessica, I love all of your products. Did I miss out on the freebie? When I click on it it's still $3. Thanks in advance! April B.

    ReplyDelete

[name=Jessica Travis] [img=http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-1xE1IzR7tPk/WS2xOR4pQHI/AAAAAAAAYAw/twJhPfbKbUw54xSFHmNG4q7F95D3gBMEQCK4B/s1600/profile.jpg] [description=Hello!! ] (facebook=https://www.facebook.com/WildAboutFirsties/) (shop=https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Jessica-Travis) (instagram=https://www.instagram.com/wildaboutfirsties/) (googleplus=https://plus.google.com/111251384455526442516) (pinterest=https://www.pinterest.com/jtravis0912/) (bloglovin=https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/wild-about-firsties-5562953)

Follow @wildaboutfirsties